To know someone deeply is a great honor. Jesus knows us inside and out and wants to be known by us intimately as well. In today’s podcast, Stasi talks about what it means to draw close to Jesus with intention. Friends, Jesus longs for our whole heart, our undivided love, and for our attention to be captured by who he is. We have a choice to make. God is inviting us to enjoy the vast riches of his heart by coming closer. Will you?
Yada` (יָדַע ; yâda) Hebrew: To be made known, be or become known, be revealed – to make oneself known – to be perceived – to know (properly, to ascertain by seeing)
Pause App by Wild at Heart Ministries; PauseApp.com
Henry Nouwen reading: Our God is a compassionate God. Henri Nouwen Society. January 7, 2022. https://henrinouwen.org/meditations/god-is-a-compassionate-god/
Epic by John Eldredge: For more information on Stasi’s reference to living in Act 3
- Hosiah 2:19-20 (NIV) I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness, and you will acknowledge the Lord.
- Luke 10:38-42; (NIV) The story at Mary and Martha’s home
- Mark 14:1-9 (NIV) The story of Mary and the alabaster jar
- 1 John 4:19 (NIV) 19 We love because he first loved us.
- John 17:3 (NIV) Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 (NIV) …Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you…?
- Romans 8:10 (NIV) But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
- Galatians 2:20 (NIV) I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Colossians 1:27 (NIV) To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
- Romans 8:11 (NIV) And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.