The Becoming a King retreat is a shared experience of the like-hearted choosing to become the kind of men to whom God is glad to entrust the care of His Kingdom.
Every boy knows he was made to be powerful. As an acorn carries the blueprint of the oak tree, so the heart of every boy holds the possibility of becoming a wholehearted king whose strength brings goodness to all under his care. Yet the headlines often confirm what we know too well from our own stories: the anguished consequences of masculine power gone awry.
Curated and distilled over two decades, the message of Becoming a King offers a path to restore the hearts of men in the image of our strong, present, wise, and loving God.
What would it be like to become the kind of man who has nothing to fear, nothing to hide, and nothing to prove? Join Morgan Snyder and men from across the globe as they venture together to recover strength, and restore your heart as a man.
NOTE: Registration for this event is closed (all the slots have been filled).
What: Becoming a King Retreat is for men who are fully consented to becoming wholehearted kings, in the company of wise, older men who have taken the ancient path. The retreat is designed for world-changing men who are ready to become the kind of men, the kind of kings, to whom God can gladly entrust the care of his Kingdom. It is open to men of all ages (18 and above).
When: Thur-Sun, January 19-22th, 2023 (arrive at 5:00 pm Thursday, depart after 12:00 Sunday)
Where: The Outpost at Stein Haus, 5125 Brady Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Who: This retreat can accommodate up to 4 men (there will be a waiting list in the event someone needs to dropout).
Accommodations: Four men will share a single large room (bunk beds). Everyone will have a bed, pillow, linens and towels. There is one bathroom with a shower/sink/toilet and a second bathroom with a sink/toilet.
Cost: $77 which includes lodging, all meals and retreat content. A nonrefundable deposit of $50 is due no later than six weeks prior to the retreat via check or PayPal. Full payment of the remaining $27 is due upon arrival at the retreat.
Registration: Please contact Brad Steininger to register or to request more information.
* This event is designed to be experienced "off the grid;" we require participants to unplug from all devices. There will be a contact number provided for emergencies.
* A couple hours of free time is built into the schedule both Friday and Saturday afternoons. During this time you will have the opportunity to participate in a hike, leisure time around the facility, take a nap, read a book, etc.
* This retreat is in a rustic neighborhood on the East side of Colorado Springs (mostly dirt roads and equestrian properties). Bring season-appropriate casual clothes. There are some trails nearby for hiking and an excellent park with many trails just a couple miles away.
* In the evenings, there will be an opportunity to relax, build a camp fire, tell stories and have fun. You'll leave with new friendships, greater clarity in your walk with the Lord, and inspired to live your life as a man fully alive.
* This event utilizes the content provided by the Wild at Heart team in their Becoming a King Retreat (this resource, filmed at a live event, includes eight sessions led by Morgan Snyder). This trailer provides a glimpse into the heart behind the message: