Wild at Heart BASIC is Wild at Heart Boot Camp led by John Eldredge and his team through video session in your local area.
A man needs a deeper understanding of his masculine heart—and why God made him just like that. What if those deep desires in our hearts are telling us the truth, revealing to us the lives we were meant to live? A man must know he is powerful; he must know he has what it takes. The way we handle the heart is everything. Basic is not a retreat about the “seven things a man ought to do to be a nicer guy.” It is a four-day quest into the recovery of a man’s masculine soul, the release of a man’s heart—his passions and his true nature—all given him by God.
NOTE: Registration for this retreat is closed (we have already filled all the slots). Please consider joining us for our next retreat, March 17-20, 2022: https://wildatheart.org/allies/basic/wah-basic-colorado-springs-co-us-br...
What: This is no ordinary men's retreat. No breakout sessions or small groups. Just awesome teaching by John and his team via video followed by time alone with the Father.
When: Thur-Sun, January 20-23, 2022 (arrive between 5:00-5:30 pm Thursday, depart after 12:00 Sunday)
Where: The Outpost at Stein Haus, 5125 Brady Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Who: This retreat can accommodate up to 4 men (there will be a waiting list in the event someone needs to dropout).
Accommodations: Four men will share a single large room (bunk beds). Everyone will have a bed, pillow, linens and towels. There is one bathroom with a shower/sink/toilet and a second bathroom with a sink/toilet.
Cost: $77 which includes lodging, all meals and retreat content. A nonrefundable deposit of $50 is due three weeks prior to the retreat via check or PayPal. Full payment of the remaining $27 is due upon arrival at the retreat.
Registration: Please contact Brad Steininger to register or for more information.
* Get a copy of Wild at Heart and read it before the retreat.
* This event is designed to be experienced "off the grid;" we ask that you unplug and only use cell phones in extreme emergencies. There will be a contact number for emergencies.
* Free time is built into the schedule both Friday and Saturday afternoon. During this time you will have the opportunity to participate in a hike, leisure time around the facility, take a nap, read a book, play disc golf, etc.
* This retreat is in a rustic neighborhood on the East side of Colorado Springs (mostly dirt roads and equestrian properties). Bring season-appropriate casual clothes. There are some trails nearby for hiking and an excellent park with many trails just a couple miles away.
* In the evenings, there will be an opportunity to relax, build a camp fire, tell stories and have fun. You'll leave with new friendships, greater clarity in your walk with the Lord, and inspired to live your life as a man fully alive.