Wild at Heart BASIC is Wild at Heart Boot Camp led by John Eldredge and his team through video session in your local area.
A man needs a deeper understanding of his masculine heart—and why God made him just like that. What if those deep desires in our hearts are telling us the truth, revealing to us the lives we were meant to live? A man must know he is powerful; he must know he has what it takes. The way we handle the heart is everything. Basic is not a retreat about the “seven things a man ought to do to be a nicer guy.” It is a four-day quest into the recovery of a man’s masculine soul, the release of a man’s heart—his passions and his true nature—all given him by God.
• Lodging will be double occupancy. Bed linens and towels will be provided.
• Room assignments will be random, unless you specify preferred roommates on sign-up sheet sent in the welcome email; we will try our to best accommodate roommate requests.
What to Expect:
• Once your initial registration and payment are submitted, a welcome email will be send to you containing further details and a registration form where you will submit other information needed for the event.
• This event is designed to be experienced "off the grid;" we ask that you unplug and only use cell phones in extreme emergencies, and do not carry them around the whole weekend. (There will be a contact number for emergencies.) Further information will be provided at the event.
• Free time is built into the schedule both Friday and Saturday afternoon. During this time you will have the opportunity to participate in a hike, enjoy the gymnasium facilities (basketball, etc.), outdoor volleyball court, leisure time around the camp grounds, or take a nap.
• In the evenings, weather permitting, we will have a camp fire. This will be a great time to relax, tell stories, and have fun. You'll leave with new friendships, greater clarity in your walk with the Lord, and inspired to live your life to the fullest as a man fully alive. Please bring clothes appropriate for the weather.
Groups are welcome. On the sign-up sheet sent in the welcome email, please specify what group you're a part of.